- Inclusive classroom considerations for universal design of online courses - February 10, 2016
- Creating a consistent curriculum design - September 22, 2015
- Getting started with online course design - July 29, 2015
Moodle administrators can spend too much time performing several tasks, such as:
Creating courses Creating user accounts
Enrolling users and instructors Modifying enrollments and managing courses.
Conduit is the tool that can help them, by allowing the automation of user, course and enrollment management processes.
Conduit simplifies the Administrator’s life by providing one conduit for any student record system to send information about users, courses, and enrollments too. Conduit saves administrators time in diagnosing connection issues through robust log information and automating common administrative tasks from semester to semester. Conduit integrates with any student record system that supports either a Web Service Producer or flat files (CSV).
Conduit’s primary advantages include:
- Easily allows for user creation, course creation, and enrollments of users into courses.
- Can use a file upload, or connect directly via scripts to an external SIS/ ERP.
- Teachers do not have to worry about creating enrollments for his / her own course.
Conduit’s Primary Features
- User/Course/Enrollment/Group Management: Automates all aspects of user creation/update/deletion, course creation/update/deletion, enrollment add/drop, and group creation/update/deletion.
- Course Templates: Have Conduit create courses according to a pre-populated template. Assign a default template for all courses and/or choose the specific “Master” template for a given course.
- Logs: Stores information about Conduit actions and errors.
Conduit Process Example
- Users, courses, and enrollments are organized in a Student Information System (SIS) and need to be populated on a Open LMS site.
- SIS only has .csv export abilities, so Conduit needs to regularly pick up and process batches of updates.
- SIS has webservices, so Conduit listens to updates as they happen in the SIS.
Conduit has been tested with over 100,000 users loaded and up to one million course enrollments executed, proving to be stable and efficient under those circumstances.
To learn more about Conduit and its Primary Features, please check the Conduit Documentation on Blackboard’s Help Center.