- Inclusive classroom considerations for universal design of online courses - February 10, 2016
- Creating a consistent curriculum design - September 22, 2015
- Getting started with online course design - July 29, 2015
We meet the unique requirements for your online course customisation needs and ensure the safety and health of your Open LMS site.
We welcome customisation requests, but they must go through a customisation review process before they are accepted. We want to make sure what you’re requesting is realistic and healthy for your site. Take a look at the following customisation process:
- Initial Discovery Stage – Our expert customisation consultants work with you to evaluate your needs to provide an initial Vision and Scope (V&S) for the project.
- Specification Stage – We build the V&S into a specifications document to guide development, testing and documentation.
- Development Stage – We’ll provide progress reports and ongoing status meetings while development work is being done. This way, we know the project remains on track with what you’re looking for.
- Testing Stage – We apply a formal quality assurance (QA) process, including automated unit testing and use case testing. We can also work with your own QA staff to provide multi-stage QA and user acceptance testing reports.
- Documentation Stage – We build clear “how-to” guides for the new tools we build.
- Release Stage – We manage releases of the custom, tested code so the client knows what version of both Moodle and custom tools their users are on. After the custom tools have been released, we provide ongoing code maintenance and technical support services.
The Multiplier Effect
We offer a Client Contributor Program to encourage social development by way of community contribution. When you contribute a new module or plug-in that passes through our testing, users and developers from across the globe benefit with new integrations.
A note from one of our customers:
“Because Moodle is an open source product, it was important to find an open and flexible learning management services provider that was willing to collaborate with the CSU. Open LMS services provide the scalability, integration experience and training program we need plus their willingness to work with the CSU system made them the logical choice to meet our Moodle needs.”
– Kathy Fernandes | Director of CSU LMS Initiatives, California State University, Office of the Chancellor